Saturday, February 4, 2012

Saturday Love

'Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday Love…..'
 
You remember that song, by Cherelle & Alexander O'Neal, that spoke of a love two people shared only on Saturdays.  I love to sing along whenever I hear it, but I have to wonder, 'What kind of LOVE is that?!'  I guess it's the kind maybe one would share with another who lives a long distance away…..or perhaps, one who has a spouse/significant other at home……..or, it could be between two people who are just very busy on every day of the week except for Saturday.  I don't know. Apparently, this 'Saturday Love' was sustaining because (according to the lyrics of the song) they shared, 'Special feelings, special times {Feeling so special}, I was yours and you were mine {Made for each other, girl}, All the good I won't forget {Been on my mind, girl}, Saturday the day we met {Girl, you know I can't leave you behind}. Their feelings were strong enough to carry  them from one Saturday to the next, many weeks over, so it seems, as the duo sang, When I look at you, Memories of love, Like no one before, You stay on my mind…… For always and forever, You will be my Saturday love.
 
I love my Saturdays but you can keep your Saturday Love. I don't know about y'all but I need a little more love than that! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment