Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Friday, March 16, 2012
(Proverbs 18:21, NIV)
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
Friday, March 2, 2012
1. Who was your FIRST prom date? QUENTIN
2. Do you still talk to your FIRST love? YES
3. What was your 1st alcoholic drink? RED BULL MALT LIQUOR....anybody remember that?? lol
4. What was your FIRST job? SUMMER JOB WITH CITY OF ALBANY YOUTH PROGRAM
5. What was your FIRST car? PONTIAC GRAND AM.....THANK U TRINA! : )
6. Who was the FIRST person to text you today? TWIGGY
7. Who is the FIRST person you thought of this morning? THE GRAN'DIVA
8. Who was your FIRST teacher? MRS. F (can't think of her full last name) @ DOWNTOWN DAY CARE CENTER
9. Where did you go on your FIRST ride on an airplane? CALIFORNIA WHEN I WAS A TODDLER....don't remember it, but as an adult, ATL BABY!
10. Who was your FIRST best friend & do you still talk? SHERIDAN AVE CREW...KIM, TWIGGY & CAMILLE....INDEED WE DO!
11. Where was your FIRST sleep over? IDK...KIM'S, TWIGG'S OR CAMILLE'S
12. Who was the first person you spoke to today? MY DAUGHTER
13. Whose wedding were you in the FIRST time? MY MOTHER'S
14. What was the FIRST thing you did this morning? USED THE BATHROOM
15. What was the FIRST concert you ever went to? I THINK LL COOL J
16. FIRST tattoo? TIGER & NAME ON MY BACK...FIRST AND ONLY
17. First piercing? EARS
18. First foreign country you've been to? JAMAICA
19. FIRST movie you remember seeing? SOUNDER
20. When was your FIRST detention? SEVENTH GRADE, LIVINGSTON...WHERE ALL MY TROUBLES BEGAN! smh
21. What was the first state you lived in? NY
22. If you had one wish, What would it be? MY BROTHER-IN-LAW WOULD BE RELEASED FROM PRISON
23. What is something you would learn if you had the chance? HOW TO DANCE LIKE MY SISTER, NACOYIA.....LOL
24. What's the first purchase you'd make if you won $1M?? A VACATION FOR ME & THE LADIES
25. Who is the first person you'd call to share good news with? ONE OF MY SISTERS Bad News? ONE OF MY SISTERS
What Are Your Firsts?
Thursday, March 1, 2012
It wasn’t until we were all in our late teens – early 20’s, however, that the jealousy and resentment began to rear their ugly heads. We didn’t recognize it as such, in the beginning. It came across as somebody having a bad day or a nasty attitude or an incident-specific reaction. As the conflicts became more serious and behaviors more hurtful, deeper discussions began to take place. There have been times when one wasn’t speak to another….or a few. There have been loud debates, treacherous arguments and yes, a couple times, blows have even been thrown. Throughout it all, though, we remain a unit; partially because we don’t want to disrespect my father’s legacy by falling apart but mostly because, we really do love each other. We spend A LOT of time together and we genuinely enjoy each other’s company. Our children are very close and within the group, there are extra-special bonds. If my father were alive today (he died 8.5 years ago), I think he would be proud that we’ve managed to stand together, despite our issues. In my father’s memory, the bonds of sister/brotherhood remain strong. We fight hard, we love hard, we protect each other….hard. No matter what goes on behind the scenes, we (will) find a way to work it out and remain side by side…..and ain’t nothing ‘half’ about that!
I am starting out my 90 day kickoff as an official member of Weight Watchers and my stats are as follows:
WEIGHT - 225 lbs.
SHOE SIZE - 8, 8.5
PHOTO (to be added tonight or tomorrow)
Now let me ask, how many of you would share this information with the world? Yup, about 5….that’s what I thought! I’m not ashamed of my measurements though….this is who I am, who I built myself up to be. If I want them to be different, then it’s up to me to reshape my body and my mind, one day at a time. I’m not afraid to share this information because it is my hope that I will help someone else who may be in the same or similar predicament. Knowledge is power and believing in yourself is an immeasurable motivator. Through my challenges and triumphs, I hope someone will be inspired to feel better, do better, be better!
*Progress Report #1 next Thursday