Thursday, February 2, 2012

'I got a love jones, for your body and your skin tone....' (Method Man)


As most people who know me know, Love Jones’ (starring Nia Long & Larenz Tate) is one of my favorite movies/love stories of all time.  If you’ve (been living under a rock) never seen it, here’s the story line: Darius Lovehall is a popular, young poet, living in Chicago; he spots and immediately develops a crush on Nina Mosley, a budding photographer. He goes for her, she goes for him…..to a certain extent; both are hesitant to give their all. While trying to decide whether their love jones is the real thing or a ‘friends with benefits’ type of situation, they spend time (and get advice from) their friends, who are all dealing with their own relationship issues.  Nina and Darius’ feelings are tested through choices, based on assumptions, each of them make.  Included in the movie are awesome poems, funny and nerve-hitting quotes.  Among my favorite quotes is the following exchange between the two lovers:
Nina Mosley: You always want what you want when you want it. Why is everything so urgent with you?
Darius Lovehall: Let me tell you somethin'. This here, right now, at this very moment, is all that matters to me. I love you. That's urgent like a motherfuckerr.
Oooohhhhh, say it again Larenz….I mean, Darius! I can just picture his face as he delivers this line…..sends chills up and down my spine……oh, but I digress!
Love Jones is a great date movie…….especially for Valentine’s Day…..and it is just as wonderful to watch with girlfriends or by yourself. 
Do you currently have a ‘love jones’ for someone?  Do they know about it? Did you write a poem about it?  Share the love……… 

No comments:

Post a Comment