Thursday, February 17, 2011

Making Progress......

I almost asked my trainer if he had been reading my blog because he stepped it up a bit in my last three sessions. Last Friday, he increased the weight on each weight-training machine and I handled it, for the most part. I struggled a bit when we worked on biceps & triceps but I got through it. The toughest part came at the end of our workout, when he had me doing 'butterfly kicks'. This is where you lie flat on your back and hold your legs a couple inches up from the floor and make small kicking movements with your feet....for 30 seconds straight. I thought my legs were gonna fall off. I got through the first 30 seconds...barely....but only lasted a good 15-20 seconds in the second set. Then yesterday, we did an exercise called '6 inches,' where you lie flat on your back, legs extended and you lift both legs at the same time and hold for 30 seconds. OMG! My legs shook like leaves on a windy, Fall day and I thought of my granddaughter, telling myself her life depended on if I made it through or not. Of course, I made it. One day, I thought to myself, I'll get through these like I've been doing them all my life....

No comments:

Post a Comment