Saturday, February 19, 2011

GO GIRL, GO GIRL, GO GIRL, GO GIRL.......

First of all, let me say, I forgave myself for Thursday's behavior. I knew that would happen because I haven't reached the 'Planning Ahead' stage. But, I will get there.....soon. In spite of that, I AM SO PROUD OF MYSELF!

I got home from work on yesterday and the excuse-making began, almost immediately. 'I'm too tired to go today,' I said to myself....'I'll make it up tomorrow.......I'll do a routine from TV later.' But, deep inside, I knew, if I didn't make it to the gym that evening, as scheduled, it would be the beginning of the end for me. So, until the minute I walked out of the door, my Old (excuse-making) Self battled with my New (determined-to-do-it-this-time) Self.....and I'm so glad the New Me won! I made it to the gym and started off on the treadmill, as I usually do. In my very first treadmill workout, my trainer wanted me to start walking at 2.2 miles per hour but I felt I could do more so I increased it to 2.5. The next two times, I walked at 2.7 mph. Last night, I started off at 2.7 but for the last 16 minutes, I walked at 3.0.....GO ME! After the treadmill, we went straight into weight training, where I felt not only my muscles building but my confidence too. When we got to the end of our workout, where we work strictly on Abs, Mr. Trainer decided we would do butterfly kicks AND '6 inches.' I was like, 'Whoa Mister!' I didn't complain too loudly but I did let him know I thought he was trippin. However, to my surprise, I got through each exercise....without having to stop during the set and with minimal 'shaking.' I couldn't believe it.

I felt so good about my workout and for making it to the gym when I really wanted to stay home and nap. I didn't want to mess up whatever progress I made so I decided not to hang out and spoil it with liquor and food. I spent Friday night at home and got a good night's sleep. I woke up this morning, feeling rested and refreshed. It's only the second week in and I'm already stronger. That is enough to keep me going........(shout out to self) GO GIRL!

2 comments:

  1. Hey sister! You know I am one of your biggest cheerleaders and I am soooooo proud of you! Keep up the good work and when you fall, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start over again. Consistency is the key. Keep that in mind and in the end YOU WIN!!!!

    Reading this has motivated me even more to stay focused which I need down here in FL!

    #5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your constant support and encouragement Niya! Love you Sis! :-)

    ReplyDelete