Sunday, January 29, 2012

SUNDAYS with BFly......

"What you thought before has led to every choice you have made, and this adds up to you at this moment. If you want to change who you are physically, mentally, and spiritually, you will have to change what you think." Dr. Patrick Gentempo This quote speaks directly to me and the flow of my life. I've often wondered why I'm not who I want to be, where I want to be, with whom I want to be, doing what I want to do. As I watched people around me live (what seems to be) wonderful lives, I neglected to build the kind of life I wanted. I chose to spend more time sitting on the sideline (complaining, cheering, encouraging but feeling discouraged) instead of getting in the game and strengtening my abilities.  I claimed to want certain things to occur in my life but, truth is, I never really believed I could have them. I didn't believe I was 'good enough.'  No matter how smart, pretty, beautiful, good, loving and kind people told me I was, I didn't believe it was 'enough.'  All the things I wanted to do, people I wanted to be associated with or accepted by, places I wanted to go and experiences I wanted to have always seemed to be out of my reach. I would dream of and plan to make things happen but my actions never followed up.  Why?  Because actions are driven by thoughts and although I dreamt of fabulous things for my life, I never thought they could actually happen.  Until Now.  Well almost....... Now, I am re-training my mind to rid itself of the negative and replace with positive, affirming thoughts.  I am distancing myself from people who have proven they are not worthy of my time and energy while categorizing the rest into their appropriate places.  There are those who are 'For Me (actively show support, love and respect),' those who are 'For The Cause (not necessarily 'for me' but are aligned with who/what I stand for),' those who are 'For Fun (for entertainment purposes mostly but harmless)' and those who are 'For Life (sustaining relatives/long-term friends who are not active in my life on a daily basis but whose existence does or has made a difference in my world).'  Recognizing who people really are and treating them accordingly (instead of giving out major benefits of doubt and huge amounts of undeserved credit) is key to my success.  Going forward, I will no longer question 'Why (or why not) Me?' without first acknowledging how I directed my life to where it stands at any given moment.  I will be more mindful of my thoughts and more careful with my actions.  I will envision, believe in, plan for and actively work towards whatever or whomever I want, need or desire in my life.  I will remain humble yet not be afraid to stand strong & tall in my light.  I will lead, by my thoughts, a life of the most favor, purpose and satisfaction possible.  I will continue to aspire and be inspired......and I will keep in mind, the following:

“Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Watch your actions, for they become habits. Watch your habits, for they become character. Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.”

HAPPY SUNDAY, ALL!    

No comments:

Post a Comment