Sunday, January 8, 2012

CONGRATULATIONS, Bey' and Jay!

Media reports have revealed that two of my favorite people, Mr. & Mrs. Shawn Carter aka Beyonce & Jay-Z, have given birth to their baby girl, Ivy Blue or Blu Ivy (depending on which report you read).  Apparently, their daughter is named to commemorate the day of the month on which both of them were born, IV for four (Bey' - Sept. 4 and Jay - Dec. 4) and Dad's longstanding relationship with the word/color blue.  Jay-Z is also the fourth child born in his family.  As much as I love these two and most everything they do, I can't say I love this name.  I like names that are unique and/or have special meaning but Ivy Blue.....really, Mr & Mrs. Carter?  I mean, Ivy isn't unique at all but the meaning behind it, I think, is sweet.  Maybe they should've named her Phor Blu or Blu Phor..........haha....I don't know.  Anyway, baby girl is here....and I'm hopefully assuming she's a healthy, happy newborn.  Whatever her name is....and of course, her parents couldn't care less what I or anyone else thinks about it.....she is already loved by family and strangers alike.  So, I would just like to wish them all the best as they embark upon their new journey into parenthood. 

CONGRATULATIONS, Bey' and Jay!  Auntie BFly loves you Blu! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment