Thursday, November 3, 2011

Patience Is A Virtue....

My patience is tried on a daily basis.  Whether I am at home, at work, visiting relatives or out in public, SOMEbody, SOMEwhere tries their luck with my patience.  I am a mild-mannered person with a very laid back personality.  I am not what one would consider to be outspoken but I will speak my piece, when necessary.  I have never been an extrovert but I am known to 'bring the party.'  I usually greet people with a smile and a kind word or two....but, with my words, I can also cut'cha deep.  I have a sensitive soul with a penchant for 'saving souls' and a preference for peace.  That all being said, some people run all over me take my kindness for weakness.....my quiet for ignorance......my mildness for fear.  Until I stand up on my hind legs, shake my fists and rooooaaaarrrrrr.........and I really hate to do that.  Thankfully, today was a good day.  A day where, thus far, I have been able to remain calm amongst the noise and chaos.  So I have to say, thank you...........

I am so very thankful for my huge blessing of patience.  I can soothe my fussy granddaughter, redirect my sometimes delusional grandmother, check-check my attitudinal child, diffuse a 'hostile situation' between employees at work, keep the peace between sisters, and make reasonable, helpful suggestions to another frustrated parent all in one day........while still having a dose of patience left to shush Negative Nelly (who lives in the minds of us all) and allow room for making a bad choice mistake without killing myself.  My patience does sometimes wear thin but it has never run out.....and for that,  you all need to be I am thankful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment