Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Home......

I spent a few days in Charlotte, NC this past weekend and.....oh, what a feeling!  I went to visit my sister & her boyfriend and to see what the Queen City was all about. Along with escaping the daily stress of my life at home, I mostly wanted to get an idea of what life would be like, as the third  wheel roommate in my sister's house. Although I didn't get a tour of the city, I went along with my sister, as she ran errands. I realized almost everything is a drive away; there would be no such thing as running to the corner store real quick. I also met a few good people and saw some great (looking) neighborhoods. Nights were quiet and peaceful so I was able to get a good night's sleep.  What a difference a restful sleep makes!

As for extra-curricular activities, I didn't want to go to any clubs so partying was not in the plan.  We did go out for drinks on Saturday night, though. We stopped in at Wet Willie's and had one of their famous alcoholic daiquiris and some food.  Then, we went to a sports bar where a live band was playing. I loved the atmosphere of the place but the crowd was geared more towards my mother's age group. Nevertheless, I enjoyed myself. While I didn't experience the nightlife full-blast, I've done my research so I know Charlotte has a lot for me to discover and experience. I spent most of my vacation close to the (my sister's) house but, I must say, with its 'small town in a big city' appeal, Charlotte felt like....home.

No comments:

Post a Comment