Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Focus Man!

When I first started this blog, I made a few posts regarding my weight, my 'relationship' at the time and a few other things that were on my mind.  I had less than 5 entries and I didn't post again for some months (closer to a year, I believe). I then came back to it and decided to make this a blog strictly about weight, thinking, if I put my business 'out there' I will be more inclined to 'handle my business.'  So I deleted the first few posts and started anew.  Now, I wish I hadn't done that.  


I had (have?) a bad habit of getting rid of (or ignoring) things that may be too uncomfortable for me to face or think about. Then, when I get through the hardest part, I always wish I could look that thing (or person) in the face and say, 'See?  You didn't hold me back/down forever.'  Like with my diaries/journals from many years ago. I've kept the ones that date back to 1999/2000 but anything before that has been destroyed. Why? Because there were some things I just wanted to forget about or never wanted to be discovered by anyone else. Now, I wish I could go back and read them, just to be reminded of how much I've grown as a person. Of course, I know what I've been through and how much I've changed, without having a directory about each experience, but it would be nice to have a more detailed perspective.


Anyway, I've (finally) decided not to streamline the Buttafly Diaries. Instead, I will keep my blog all-inclusive; open to various subjects and potential conversation pieces. There will be times when I'll want to talk about my big thighs, and others when I'll want to talk about my sister's big mouth. Sometimes I'll feel the need to brag about my gran'diva and other times, I'll need to virtually scream complain about my Big Brat (aka 21 year old daughter). Through my blog, I want to talk about some of the big moments along with smaller ones, my personal experiences as well as, what's going on in other people's lives the world. I will still share my weight loss journey, in great detail, because I'm hoping it will serve as a guide (of what or what not to do), learning tool or source of inspiration/motivation for someone else. But I won't alienate bore those who are not interested in that part of my life experience. 

I hope my audience will grow along with me and be open enough to share words of wisdom, constructive criticism, encouragement and friendly banter with some laughs thrown in for good measure. 


As the transformation of a Buttafly continues, won't you come along?   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment