Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Poetry Corner: A LETTER FROM THE WOMB

DEAR  MOMMY: A letter from the womb
c.  Sameialika Tarver October 25, 2006

To keep or not to keep
you ponder every day
You wonder if it's meant to be
for you and me to stay

Together, connected by body
Together, connected by blood
Together, connected by my father
Together, connected by love

You think about the pain
you imagine I will bring
You know your life won't be the same
If you take a chance on this beautiful thing
Your life will be turned upside down
Adjustments, you'll have to make
The experience of birth won't be much fun
yet, it will be worth you seeing my face

The memories of your labor pains
will soon fade away
The memories you and I will make
caould never be erased

Yes, your pockets may run low
your me-time and patience, too
But, just imagine how you'll feel
when I look at you
When I snuggle against your skin
and grip your hand in mine
Imagine the joy that will fill your heart
when I say 'Mommy' for the first time

I look forward to meeting you,
my Daddy, Grandma, Grandpa, too
To smell your scent, to hear your voice
I know that you will make the right choice

Choose Me, Mom
Choose Us
Choose Me, Mom
Choose Love

No comments:

Post a Comment