Thursday, January 14, 2016

Poetry: TIME

As I head to the Queen City to celebrate my sister's 40th birthday, I want to remind people to take the time (to make a phone call, send a text, a card, a letter, visit, meet up with, reach out) to make connections with the people who are important to you. Yes, we all have to take care of ourselves, our families, go to work, pay the bills and do all of the required work of a grown up. However, we have to make our personal relationships a priority in our lives, as well. Too often, we take our friends, our loved ones, our lives for granted. It can't be said too many times that we need to stop and smell the roses, strike some poses and show those we care about just how much we like them, love them, want and need them around. We must cherish the moments we have with them now, because when they are gone, they are gone forever........and as we've all learned, tomorrow is promised to no one.




TIME

Time flies, they say
When you're having fun
to the rising of the moon
from the dawning of the sun

Time crawls, it seems
when the skies are gray
when you long for someone
to take the pain away

Time waits for no soul
for the seconds, they fly
the minutes speed walk
while the hours run wild

Time on my hands
is what I have without you
is what I wish I had more of
when the times are few
far and in between
the Then and the Now
My heart bursts at the seams
when I think about how
much time I've wasted
worrying about nothing
bitching and complaining
just trying to find something

A reason
that you were not perfect, As Is
how much wrong you had done
Now those things don't mean shit

Time flies, they say
and I know that is true
Oh how I wish I had more time
just 
to spend
with you


c. Sameialika Tarver, March 25, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment